In the shower this morning, I thought more about John as a lover. What made him a skilled lover and what made him a great lover?
The first time I was with John, he was a virgin. Being new to having sex with another person, he didn't have any skills, but he did have desire. He had knowledge of what he wanted to do, but he needed practice to build skill at actually doing it.
It was the same for me. It's not like I came to the relationship with this huge amount of skill behind me. I practiced and built skill with him the same way he practiced and built skill with me. Us building skill made us good lovers.
After awhile, John became very skilled at giving me multiple orgasms in different ways each time we were together, but that made him nothing more than a skilled lover. It's good to have skill. It means you have more resources for physical pleasure to offer. But skill isn't what makes a lover great.
What made John a great lover was that he infused what he did with love and adoration. He was a great lover because he cherished me. No matter what level of skill he had, he was a great lover. The more skill he gained, the more physical pleasure he could give me. But that was pale in comparison to the way he filled my heart. And he filled my heart from the very beginning..... before the skill had been developed.
I wish I understood why that love that was inside of him would disappear the way it did.
[add the last loving he had typed to me]
You left me the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment